SCHOOL BUDDY GUIDELINES
- Be consistent and dependable. Your Buddy must LEARN to trust your.
For instance, don't break dates or make promises you can't keep.
- Avoid discussion your Buddy's situation or problems in front of
them with other people.
- Set realistic direction and goals for your Buddy and try to make
their achievement fun!
- Don't make judgments concerning any family situation. It is,
however, appropriate to correct misbehavior within the context of the
relationship, but leave "parenting" to the parent/guardian.
- Let your Buddy share in making decisions about the activities the
two of you choose.
- Let your case manager/coordinator know what problems you encounter
and let them know the good news too!
- We trust you! Be yourself.
Feel free to contact us
with questions and/or comments.